Things take a gruesome turn when Ferabbees Circus comes to town, bringing with it a chain of sinister clown sightings, threatening notes and deathly dangerous circus acts. Barnaby will have to face up to his fears in order to solve the case.
Filming season 20, which also marks the 20th anniversary of the UK’s longest running contemporary detective drama, began in early April 2017. Joining the team this season is fellow Outlander alumn Annette Badland, playing pathologist Dr Fleur Perkins. Episode 4 will also see a guest appearance by Richard Rankin (Outlander‘s Roger Wakefield).
Acorn began airing episodes on May 3, while BBC and ITV-backed BritBox will begin airing episodes from the latest season in the U.S. on May 4. Both will appear before they air on commissioning broadcaster ITV, which has still yet to air all of the episodes from season 19.
On 7 November streaming service BritBox officially launched in the UK exclusively offering all season 20 episodes, including the previously unaired ones, “Till Death Do Us Part” and Andrew’s episode “Send in the Clowns”.
The complete season was released in the UK on DVD / BluRay on 2 December 2019.
- 20×01 The Ghost of Causton Abbey: Sunday 10 March 2019, 8:00 – 10:00pm
- 20×02 Death of the Small Copper: Sunday 17 March 2019, 8:00 – 10:00pm
- 20×03 Drawing Dead: Sunday 19 May 2019, 8:00 – 10:00pm
- 20×04 The Lions of Causton: Monday 26 August 2019, 8:30 – 10:30pm
- 20×05 Till Death Do Us Part: Monday 6 January 2020, 8:30 – 10:30pm
- 20×06 Send in the Clowns: Tuesday 14 January 2020, 8:00 – 10:00pm