Things take a gruesome turn when Ferabbees Circus comes to town, bringing with it a chain of sinister clown sightings, threatening notes and deathly dangerous circus acts. Barnaby will have to face up to his fears in order to solve the case.
Filming season 20, which also marks the 20th anniversary of the UK’s longest running contemporary detective drama, began in early April 2017. Joining the team this season is fellow Outlander alumn Annette Badland, playing pathologist Dr Fleur Perkins. Episode 4 will also see a guest appearance by Richard Rankin (Outlander‘s Roger Wakefield).
Acorn began airing episodes on May 3, while BBC and ITV-backed BritBox will begin airing episodes from the latest season in the U.S. on May 4. Both will appear before they air on commissioning broadcaster ITV, which has still yet to air all of the episodes from season 19.
Previously unaired episodes 19×05 and 19×06 were announced to be broadcast on ITV on 13 May 2018 and 20 May 2018 respectively. Season 20 is being released in irregular intervals in 2019. There’s no release date for Andrew’s episode yet, which is the last one of the season.
- 20×01 The Ghost of Causton Abbey: Sunday 10 March 2019, 8:00 – 10:00pm
- 20×02 Death of the Small Copper: Sunday 17 March 2019, 8:00 – 10:00pm
- 20×03 Drawing Dead: Sunday 19 May 2019, 8:00 – 10:00pm
- 20×04 The Lions of Causton: Monday 26 August 2019, 8:30 – 10:30pm
- 20×05 Till Death Do Us Part: tba
- 20×06 Send in the Clowns: tba